Thursday, June 21, 2012

Roast Cod w/spinach, sultanas, and pine nuts

I tried a new recipe tonight and although I KNEW the kids wouldn't eat it, it look fast, easy, and scrumptious!

Ingredients:

  • 1 bag fresh spinach
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts (I just roasted them myself with a little EVOO in a pan)
  • 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
  • salt  & pepper
  • 1/4 cup sultana (Who am I kidding?  I had no idea what sultana was.   I googled it.  They are some kind of small, seedless grape.  I'm a "mom on the run" so I used what I had.  Green seedless grapes that the kids eat)
  • 1 bag cod (you can use any cod - I just used the frozen bag from the store)
  • EVOO

Directions:

  1. Season cod with salt and pepper.
  2. Place in fry pan with EVOO, sear on flesh side to color and seal.
  3. Turn fish over and place fry pan in oven.  Broil on HI.
  4. Blanch spinach in boiling salt water.  Drain.
  5. Place in bowl and mix with unsalted butter, pine nuts, Parmesan, sultanas, and a little salt and grated pepper.
  6. Place salad on plate, letting juices drizzle to the side.
  7. Place fish on top with skin side up.

My husband and I both LOVED the finished product.  But of course it wasn't enough for hubby!  I would suggest for a heartier meal to place on top of rice or pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment